80ml soy sauce
60ml lemon juice
125ml olive oil
1 tbs Sriracha sauce
500g eye fillet beef, cut into thin strips
30ml olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 lemon juice and zest
60ml chicken stock
¼ tsp chilli flakes
Salt flakes, to taste
1. Combine ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Add the beef and coat well. Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or up to an hour to marinate.
2. Strain beef from marinade and reserve liquid for later use.
1. Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the courgette noodles and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan on high heat, Induction setting 8. Add the beef in one layer and cook for 1-2 minutes without stirring. This step may require that the beef is cooked in batches to prevent overcrowding the pan.
3. Return all the beef to the pan and add in the garlic. Cook for a further minute, then, remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add the butter, lemon juice, chicken stock, chilli flakes and remaining marinade. Cook on medium heat, Induction setting 7. Bring to the boil and allow sauce to reduce for approximately 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Add the courgette noodles to heat and gently coat in the sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes until coated.
6. Add the beef back to the pan and stir through with the noodles.
1. Remove from heat and toss with picked herbs. Top with angel hair chilli and serve with lime wedges.
Hint and tips
• Instead of chicken stock use dry white wine to enrich the dish.
• Spiralizer courgette noodles can be purchased from the supermarket.
• Courgette tends to render a lot of water when cooking, allow the spiralled noodles to sit in a colander for a few minutes to drain off excess water.