125g dark chocolate (70%), finely chopped
60g double cream
60g unsalted butter, diced
¼ tsp vanilla (optional)
25ml Cointreau (optional)
1 cup cocoa powder, to roll
- Place a small saucepan on medium heat, induction setting 5 and add the cream.
- Slowly warm the cream and then turn the temperature to low heat, induction setting 1.
- Add the chocolate and stir into the cream.
- Add the butter, stirring slowly until completely melted.
- Once the mixture has melted and is smooth and glossy, add the vanilla and alcohol and mix through.
- Place into a bowl, cover and store in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir quickly while the ganache is still soft and pliable.
- Using a teaspoon, transfer 15-18g balls of ganache onto a baking paper lined tray.
- Place the unformed balls of ganache into the refrigerator for another 15 minutes to set prior to rolling.
- Place the cocoa powder in a shallow bowl ready for rolling.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and lightly dust cocoa onto your hands, this will stop the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Quickly roll each ball, the warmth of your hands will start to melt the ganache, so you need to work quickly to roll each of the balls into shape.
- Once formed into balls, roll in the cocoa to dust. Store in refrigerator.
- Pour chocolate sprinkles into a small bowl and delicately place the truffles in the bowl.