575 g (2 ½ cup) cooked basmati rice
1 tsp ground cardamon
½ tsp ground cinnamon
110 g (½ cup) caster sugar
375 ml (1 ½ cups) full-cream milk
200 ml cream, or more if needed
Rose petals, to serve
Gold sugar, or raw sugar, to serve
- Place the cooked rice, cardamon, cinnamon, sugar and milk into an unperforated steam container. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 100⁰C for 30 minutes or until the rice starts to break down.
- Stir the rice and add cream to achieve your desired consistency.
- Decorate the kheer with rose petals and sugar.
Hints and tips
- This is a great way to use leftover basmati rice.
- 2 ½ cups cooked rice can be made from 1 cup dried.