600 ml thickened cream
100 g caster sugar
1 lemon, zested
¾ tsp citric acid
200 g almond meal
200 g caster sugar
2 tbsp plain flour
2 egg whites
Pinch of salt
½ tsp almond extract
½ cup icing sugar
100 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
Unperforated steam container
1. Place the cream, sugar and lemon zest into an unperforated steam container and whisk to combine.
2. Cover and place in the steam oven and Steam at 90°C for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the steam oven and stir in the citric acid until well combined. Pass through a sieve.
4. Pour into moulds and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set.
1. Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 150°C.
2. Place the almond meal, caster sugar and flour into a food processor and pulse until combined and free of lumps.
3. In the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a whisk attachment, add the egg whites and salt and whisk on high speed until foamy, just before soft peak stage. Whisk in the almond extract.
4. Using a spatula, fold the almond meal mixture into the egg whites until combined.
5. Gently knead to form a sticky dough. Dust your hands with icing sugar before rolling the dough into balls.
6. Arrange on a baking tray. Place in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are cracked and the bases are golden. Cool on a wire rack.
1. Place all ingredients into an unperforated steam container. Steam at 100°C for 2 minutes.
2. Remove from steam oven and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
1. Top each posset with a spoonful of raspberries, followed by crushed amaretti biscuits.
Hints and tips
• Other citrus fruits, spices or vanilla can be used to flavour the posset.
• The berry and biscuit combination can be changed to suit individual tastes; blackberries and gingernut biscuits are a great combination.
• Store bought biscuits can be substituted for the homemade amaretti biscuits.