1½ cups arborio rice
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2¼ cups chicken stock
¼ cup white wine
500g peeled and seeded pumpkin, diced
4 slices prosciutto, finely chopped
Grated rind of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup mascarpone
1 cup baby spinach leaves
½ cup oregano, chopped
- Place rice, butter, onion, garlic, stock, wine, pumpkin, prosciutto, lemon rind and juice into a solid stainless steel tray.
- Select 100°C and steam for 17 – 23 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add spinach, parmesan cheese, mascarpone, oregano and steam at 100°C for a further 1 minute.
- Season to taste with pepper and salt and stir well to combine.
Hints and tips
- Serving suggestion – Fry slices of prosciutto until crisp to use as additional garnish
- Using the Rapid Steam function on the Steam Microwave will reduce the cooking time for the rice. Steam at 300W + 100°C for 11 minutes.