300ml whipping cream
20g caster sugar
1 whole egg
2 egg yolks (reserve whites for meringue)
5ml vanilla essence
20ml fresh lemon juice
2 egg whites (60g approximately)
120g caster sugar
250g fresh or frozen raspberries
40g caster sugar
10ml Vino cotto
Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
2 tbs cornflour
2 tbs cold water
1. Place cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla into a large bowl. Whisk well until sugar is dissolved.
2. While whisking, add the lemon juice. Strain custard through a fine sieve into a jug.
3. Divide the custard evenly between 6 oven-safe glass dishes or ramekins and place on a Perforated steam tray and cover tightly with foil.
4. Place into the Steam oven and Steam at 90°C for 20–25 minutes until just set.
1. Place raspberries, sugar, Vino cotto and zest into a saucepan and on a medium heat, Induction setting 6. Cook for 5–10 minutes until sugar has dissolved and liquid just comes to the boil.
2. Dissolve the cornflour in the cold water and add to the compote, stirring constantly.
3. Continue to cook for 5–10 minutes, until compote is thick and has a glossy shine. If the compote is too thick, adjust with more water. Allow to cool.
1. In a clean bowl, whisk together the egg whites and sugar until well combined.
2. Transfer mixture into a small vacuum sealing bag and Vacuum on setting 2 and Seal on setting 3.
3. Place into a Solid steam tray and Steam at 65°C for 20 minutes.
4. Cut the bag open and transfer contents to the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment. Whisk on high speed for approximately 10 minutes until thick, glossy peaks form.
1. Divide the compote between the 6 custard dishes and gently spread flat with the back of a spoon.
2. Spoon the meringue onto the top of the compote and create some small flicks in the meringue with the spoon.
3. Using a blow torch on medium heat, burnish the top of the meringue until lightly toasted.