300 g purple Sapphire or purple Congo potatoes
2 salmon fillets (approximately 150g each)
150 g green beans, trimmed
2 baby cos lettuce, outside leaves removed and halved
½ cup basil leaves
200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
80 g (½ cup) pitted black olives
- Cut the potatoes into 1cm rounds and place the potatoes in a perforated steam tray.
- Place the tray in the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the eggs into the steam oven, making sure to leave the potatoes to continue to cook, steam for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the salmon into the steam oven and steam for 1 minute.
- Add the green beans to the steam oven and steam for a further 2 minutes.
- All items should be in the steam oven, and as a result the potatoes would have steamed for just over 10 minutes and should be tender
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Peel and quarter the eggs, flake the salmon then add the lettuce, potatoes, beans, olives and tomatoes to the dressing.
- Toss the bowl to coat all the ingredients with the dressing.
- Divide the salad into 4 bowls and top with the quartered egg and flaked salmon.
Hints and Tips
- Our combi steam ovens have a great feature called “Menu cooking” under Special applications. Choose the ingredients from the options and the oven will prompt when the foods should be added.
- Almon is a great source of protein and is also rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Can be made ahead of time and packed into containers for lunches.
- As an alternative, substitute salmon for tofu or a can of tuna.
- If you’ve had a big training session, bump up the carbohydrates by adding in an extra potato or having a piece of wholegrain bread on the side.