1 small crayfish tail, cut into 2 cm slices
6 large green prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
300 g pippies, cleaned
400 g fresh egg noodles
6 large dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes
2 tbsp neutral oil
6 spring onions, whites cut into 3 cm pieces and greens thinly sliced
2 cm ginger (10 g), peeled and slice into small sticks
1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
1 cup shaved or thinly sliced green cabbage
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
Pinch white pepper
1 tsp white sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
100 g snow peas, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Place the seafood into a perforated steam container. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 85⁰C for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Prepare the noodles as per their instructions.
- Remove the shiitake mushrooms from the water and slice thinly, reserve the soaking liquid.
- Heat a flat-bottomed wok on low heat, induction setting 4, for 5 minutes. Increase to medium-high heat, induction setting 7, add the oil and fry the spring onions, ginger and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the mushroom and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, induction setting 8. Add the prepared noodles and cabbage, stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add seafood and remaining ingredients, plus 2 tablespoons of the reserved shiitake soaking liquid. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until noodles are coated in the sauce.
Hints and tips
- Steaming the seafood guarantees tender results, however they can be stir-fried with the noodles.
- Our recipes are tested using 20 ml tablespoon measures.
- Lunar New Year is celebrated across Asia and is often celebrated with special foods, such as this dish. These noodles represent long life, the added seafood elevates this delicious dish.