50 g stabilised wheat germ
250 g bakers flour
7 g dry yeast
10 g linseeds
10 g sunflower seeds
10 g chia seeds
15 g nigella seeds
15 g sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
10 ml olive oil
250 ml warm water
- In the bowl of a freestanding mixer, add all of the dry ingredients. Using the dough hook attachment, mix for 1 minute or until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and knead on medium-low speed for 8-10 minutes, or until everything comes together and you have a smooth dough.
- Remove from the mixer and place into the oven on Prove yeast dough for 45 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has proved, knock the dough back and shape into a large loaf.
- Place the dough onto a perforated gourmet baking tray and into the oven on Prove yeast dough for a further 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven on Moisture Plus at 220°C with 1 manual burst of steam.
- Scatter some nigella and sesame seeds over the top of the bread. Place into the oven on shelf position 2. Release the burst of steam immediately and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
Hints and tips
- Bread will last for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- All types of seeds can be used to substitute where necessary.
- If you don’t have Prove yeast dough function, you can prove in a warm area until doubled in size, or in the oven on Fan Plus at 35°C for 30 minutes.
- Bake this bread using our Gourmet baking stone but preheating the stone on shelf level 2 for 30 minutes before baking. Use the wooden paddle to move the loaf from the bench to the stone. Bake using the Moisture Plus settings above.